Tuesday 16 February 2016

Class Letter Term 1


Monday 1 February 2016

Christ the King School
92 Greers Road
Burnside
Christchurch

Dear Parents/Caregivers of Room 11 Students,


Greetings,
My name is Ryan McInnes and I will be teaching your child this year in Room 11. I have recently moved to Christ the King from St Anne’s School in Woolston where I have spent the past 7 years. Before that I taught at St Teresa’s in Riccarton, St Clair in Dunedin and in a number of schools in the UK.

A little about myself, I enjoy sport and have played and coached most sports. These include, soccer, rugby, cricket, hockey, indoor netball, squash, tennis and athletics.  My other interests include, music and I.CT.

I have a daughter who is in Room 3 at Christ the King and I have been a member of the parish for a number of years. I look forward to meeting you over the next few weeks.

Homework will start in Week 3.  This will be in three parts - spelling, reading and finishing work.

Spelling - This will consist of 10 words sent home on Monday to learn and return on Friday. These words will be a mix of set words related to our word study activities and a number of personal words that have been misspelt during the week.
Reading - A reading log will be completed on a Friday to show what has been read during the week.
Finishing work - this will consist of tasks and activities not finished in class time.

Our curriculum subjects and special events this term will follow in our syndicate newsletter.

I hope this answers some of your questions. If you have any other queries please feel free to contact me at school for an appointment or e-mail at ryan.mcinnes@christtheking.school.nz

I look forward to meeting you and having a very productive and successful year with your child.

Yours sincerely,

Ryan McInnes

No comments:

Post a Comment